Wednesday, June 6, 2007

update

Haven't had much time to update in the last week. I am in NJ at the beach for the summer, and just got my computer and monitors today. They cost me way more than I thought they would to ship here- almost $300. I need to find a better way for next time.

I put an offer on a duplex a week or two ago. It was listed at $130k, I offered $115k and they countered back at $128k, and said they weren't willing to budge since they recently sold one for $130k in the same area. Judging by the comps it seems they're probably justified with their price. I'm going to look around a bit, and possibly come back to it.

Another duplex I just put an offer on Saturday, and they countered back on Monday. I am going to see if they would be willing to meet somewhere in the middle. The property has good cashflow for being a relatively small investment. It's been on the market 100+ days, so hopefully I'll be able to negotiate a bit with them and get them to drop their price some more.

The tax sales I mentioned last week, I probably won't be doing, since some of my online cashouts are taking forever- which means I won't have the cash in time before the tax sales. That's okay with me though, since it would take some time to fly out, set up people to fix it, have someone manage it, fly back out, rent or sell it, etc.... It'll be much easier for me right now to get a good duplex that's already rented and cashflowing, and to concentrate on poker. I want to have a big summer with poker, so I want to stay focused and not get distracted by getting too many things on my plate.

Since I didn't have a computer, the last few days I've been "working"(aka playing poker) in Atlantic City. I'll post tomorrow a bit about it.

No comments: