Monday, June 25, 2007

Grinding away.......

I've been playing a ton of hands lately. I just checked and in the last 9 days I've played about 50,000 hands. I'm probably not going to play anymore tonight since I want to make sure I don't burn out. Been getting a lot of coolers lately, so that makes it easier to burn out. I think I've gotten 2 outed about 10 times within the last 72 hours, also lots of KK vs. AA hands in $1k+ pots. Amazingly, I've still been having really good results through it. Today was actually my first losing day since June 14th. I think I'm playing real well lately, but sometimes going through rough sessions you start questioning a lot of your play. One play today I raised pf with 34s. One of the blinds called. Flop was 2-3-2. He checked, I made a continuation bet, and he raised me. I decided to put him all in because I felt I was ahead of him(and he didn't have a full stack), even though the only hand that I beat is air. I thought he was making a move with overs. He's a regular and I feel he usually 3 bets hands like TT+ pre-flop, and he doesn't usually raise flop here with hands like 44-99 on the flop, I felt that he would normally just call. I felt that even if he did decide to do that this hand, I could potentially push him off 44-99 type hands, so I went with my read and I pushed. He calls with KQ. Turn: Q. :( A bunch of hands like this over a couple days span will make you lose your desire to play pretty quickly.

Although I've been taking some bad beats, I don't think I've taken any as bad as this guy:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1381587673

No comments: