Monday, September 24, 2007

Sick scores

Congrats to my boy Lee(aka poker phenom Bill Ivey) who got 5th place the other day out of 6,025 players in WCOOP event #5, taking home $96,701.25. I honestly think we have the sickest collection of poker players in Tucson than other place. myself, bill ivey, mynameishov, gman06, biliards, etc...

One crazy story I forgot to mention from a month or so back. So Brett(mynameishov) and I are chillin in our room our last night at Turning Stone. We decided to go for the 6 max tourney that was goin on. So anyways, we're just hangin out, and I get a text from someone I recently talked to online. He's a good tourney player, and was trying to learn short handed nl cash games. I told him to swing by our room to meet up. So, we chat for a bit, and he asks if I can sweat him. I say sure, and he goes and gets his laptop. He loads up a bunch of tables and I try and teach him some tricks of the trade for 6 max nl. He does pretty well, and seems to have a decent grasp for the most part. Brett(who passed out while we were doing the session) asked me the next morning if I thought he was going to be able to make the transition to 6 max nl, and I said that I thought he definitely could. Fast forward 24 hours. I'm at home at upstate NY, and looking through some online tournies. Turns out, the next night, there had been a huge 6 max nl tournament. He ended up winning the whole thing for $200,000. haha. how sick is that?

No comments: