Thursday, July 19, 2007

vegas continued.......

I didn't have time to find a money belt before I left. I'm not talking about one of the money belts you wear around your waist so everyone knows you are carrying money. I want one of the ones you can wear hidden under your shirt. I haven't seen many online yet, but am going to start looking around. I first saw one in Atlantic City when I was playing at the Borgata a couple months back. Some young kid is playing high stakes and an older guy starts talking trash to him telling him to 'get some more money kid' or something. The kid says , "I've got plenty more" as he lifts up his shirt to show that he's got stacks of money lined up all around his waist in this money belt or whatever you call it.

So, wanted to feel safe with a lot of cash on me, so I decided to break out my aikido shirt for the trip. I took aikido last year for a bit, and got a t-shirt when signing up that says "Mushin Kai Aikido" on the front with a guy flipping over a dude. I figure, if someone's gonna try and rob someone, they probably aren't gonna target the guy wearing the aikido t-shirt. So that's my traveling attire. Keeps me safe on the road.

So Vegas, 2nd or 3rd day, we're playing some blackjack. Garrett is betting like $1,000 per hand. We are staying at Hooters, so for Hooters it's like the biggest action ever for them.(side note: Hooters is wayyyyy cheap to stay- like half price of other decent hotels, well worth it imo) Anyways, we get approached by some suits. Alright, just one dude. So he tells us to come back to his office when we're done playing.(and by us, I mean Garrett, but it's a given we are down for the VIP meeting) He gives Garrett his card and heads back to his office. So after Garrett is done winning some money, we head back to his office. So this guy is like, "I take care of people who bet a lot, etc, etc...." He's telling us to have a good time while we're in Vegas, charge whatever we want to the room, and come see him before we leave and he'll take care of it. "Sky's the limit" he says. We are glad to hear this and head out talking about getting limos, maybe getting helicopter rides, etc...

No comments: