Sunday, July 1, 2007

Best month ever

June was by far my best month ever in poker. Actually made almost double my previous best month, so was a great month. I played mostly 2/4 this month. I played some 1/2 and 3/6 as well. My internet kept going out tonight(30th) so I had to cut my session short.

Leaving for Vegas in 4 days. Debating how much money I want to bring cause I'm not sure what stakes I want to play while I'm there. The games are playing pretty deep in Vegas from what I hear, so I'll probably end up playing 5/10, but was debating playing some 10/20, since I'm not really there in Vegas to work, more to have a good time. Would be cool getting some experience playing tough players in the 10/20 games. Don't know if I feel comfortable playing with $5,000+ in front of me against really tough pros though, so we'll see.(would probably need to bring a bunch of buy-ins too, so chances are I'll end up playing 5/10)

I'll need to get comfortable playing larger stakes with deep stacks soon, because in September I'm planning on going to Commerce again out in LA and playing in the 10/20 games out there. Also been debating trying the 10/25 game at the Borgata this summer since I'm so close to Atlantic City, but the buy ins are crazy for that game. Supposedly most of the regulars buy in for $10-$20k. I wouldn't want to buy in with like $5k and be the short stack.

Gonna kind of relax for the next few days before Vegas, and then get back to grinding when I get back the middle of July. Time to celebrate the big month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had the most consistent success playing 6 max small stakes omaha, starting at 1/2 then moving to 3/6. Have you played any serious omaha and what do you think about it longterm?

Oscar said...

You haven't updated in a while..?

snowbank said...

anonymous- i don't play omaha, no. omaha is several levels easier than hold em, so if you get good at omaha you can do well because most people aren't that good at it from what i've heard.

dirty- been in vegas, ill be updating now.